You’ve probably been going along for years thinking more about your waistline than your thighs, and then all of a sudden, “thigh gap” became a thing. For some reason it’s not cool anymore if your thighs touch when standing upright, even though they are naturally shaped to make this quite common.
Well, we’re not going to encourage you to obsess about a thigh gap, but your thighs do an important job and for that reason, it’s great to have them toned and strong. When you’re told to “Lift with your legs!” your thighs bear the brunt of the effort. When you scoop up a child or climb stairs, even when you’re just walking, your thighs are hard at work.
Losing some thigh fat and building those muscles can make everyday tasks much easier. As a bonus, you may find that you fit into your pants more comfortably. And yes, you may even develop a thigh gap. Just don’t put that at the top of your goals list.
Here are 6 simple exercises that can help you lose thigh fat fast.
1. Plyometric Squat
Plyometric exercises are those that have some element of jumping in them, which obviously engages the thighs. Squats are basically the most targeted thigh exercise you can do. Plyometric squats, therefore, are one of the very best moves to incorporate into a plan to reduce fat.
How to Do It
- To begin, stand with feet approximately shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down until your knees are at a 90 degree angle.
- Then jump up from this position and land still in a squat. Use all the strength that you can muster from your legs and butt to power the jump.
- Try to come down as gently as you can with your knees still bent. Don’t land on your toes but keep your weight over your heels. If this move hurts your knees, reduce the angle of the squat until you’re comfortable.
- Work up to 3 sets of 8 reps.